Thursday, March 18, 2010

Practicing Connectivism through Social Networking

http://edubloggerworld.ning.com/

In exploring the world of social networking, I came across the Edublogger World site. This site is an amazing resource for presentations and photographs. It also serves as a useful forum to ask other educators for ideas. For my student teaching, I taught geography in a middle school setting. I can see how this connection to other teachers around the world would help make for a more authentic experience in a geography classroom. I could ask for helpful tips, different traditions, and clarification on questions that arise. This networking site would benefit the quality of the geography lessons for my students by enabling me to bring a 'real world' approach into a book oriented classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Using social networking really opens the door for communication. Believe it or not I have included my colleagues in my network before. We may not get a chance to talk in person...but we can still share ideas via the web...

    ReplyDelete